- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 135
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Variable in Algebra?
Course SummaryThis Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra Textbook Companion Course uses simple and fun videos to help students learn pre-algebra and earn a better grade. This textbook companion effectively teaches all the important pre-algebra concepts. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra textbook.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapters in your Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the pre-algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Prentice Hall Pre-Algebra fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like inductive and deductive reasoning and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the pre-algebra topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Algebraic expressions and integers
- One-step equalities and equations
- Decimals and equations
- Fraction operations
- Percents, ratios and proportions
- Solving inequalities and equations
- Linear functions and graphing
- Spatial thinking
- Area and volume
- Nonlinear functions
- Right triangles
- Probability and data analysis
Prentice Hall is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses