- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Managerial Functions in the International Organization
Course SummaryThis principles of management textbook replacement course covers all of the topics in a standard management textbook. The lessons offer a convenient way for students to study, interactive materials for teachers to engage their classes, and an effective alternative to expensive or outdated textbooks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches management principles can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most management textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like behavioral management theory, SWOT analysis and the Hawthorne effect are perfect for briefly introducing a management topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional management textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of traditional organizational designs as well as organic and mechanistic organizational business structures.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online management textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our management textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring mediation, arbitration, conflict resolution and other management topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like managerial and organizational communication easy to understand.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of management as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online management textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in management class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings management lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb management theories, processes and practices.
- Identify the management topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging management video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like organizational controls, human resource management and decision-making for managers.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any management topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our management course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about the strategic management process, total quality management and ISO 9000 certification.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in management, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this management course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a management concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Identify the fundamental practices of management
- Review various management theories, including those from the classical, future, behavioral, and contemporary schools
- Find out how organizations make plans and implement changes
- Establish business management techniques for staying organized
- Analyze theories of leadership as well as the work team dynamic
- Discover strategies for improving workplace motivation and communication
- Decipher strategic management techniques applied by human resources departments
- Examine the managerial decision-making process in relation to quality assurance
- Define some of the major contemporary business issues
- Highlight management concerns for international businesses
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- The Most Expensive College Textbooks and Why You Should Skip Them
- Why College Textbooks Are So Expensive and How to Avoid Overpaying for Them
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Materials Management Courses and Classes Overview
- IT Management Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses