- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 83
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
Course SummaryBoost your knowledge and skills - and your resume or online job profile - with the Principles of Marketing Certificate you'll earn by taking this course. Watch our short, mobile-friendly video lessons to boost your marketing knowledge and take the quizzes at any time from any mobile device to earn this certificate in just a few weeks.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Earn a Principles of Marketing Certificate in about two weeks by watching dynamic and quick video lessons that make it easy to retain critical marketing concepts. Learn the importance of strategic marketing and find out how marketing strategies are influenced by external factors.
Who's This For?
Individuals who work in business, sales or advertising can refresh their marketing skills with this course, which is also useful for people coming to the business world from other careers.
Prerequisites aren't needed for this course, but students should have a basic understanding of business principles.
Benefits of the Certificate
When you've completed this course, you can add this certificate to your LinkedIn profile or resume or apply your new skills to your personal life. Benefits include:
- Demonstrating to employers and clients your familiarity with fundamental marketing principles.
- Using your new skills to attract clients and sell your product if you own your own business.
- Creating marketing campaigns for non-profit organizations or using your skills for other volunteer activities.
- Sharing your marketing skills with students through tutoring activities.
Principles of Marketing Program Breakdown
Marketing Philosophies and Ethics
Start your training with lessons on marketing, sales and production orientation. Study marketing ethics and corporate social responsibility.
This chapter teaches you about strategic marketing, situation analysis, target marketing strategies and the marketing mix.
The Marketing Environment
Examine external influences on marketing strategy, social factors in marketing and tips for staying competitive in foreign and domestic markets. You can also study political issues associated with marketing and explore the role of technology in this field.
Assess the importance of global marketing and learn how e-commerce plays a role in international marketing. Discuss the international marketing mix and strategies for breaking into foreign markets.
Consumer Decision Making
This chapter covers the consumer decision-making process, buying behavior, the purchase and post-purchase processes and buying influences.
Business Marketing and Marketing Research
Study differences between B2B and B2C marketing and examine the components of business marketing. Learn how to start a marketing research project.
Segmentation and Product Marketing
In this chapter, you'll learn about market segments, positioning, product development, branding and brand equity.
Managing a Product and Retailing
Examine new products and the considerations involved in creating a marketing mix for different cultures and countries. Learn about product life cycles, retail segments, target markets and the retail marketing mix.
Services Marketing, Marketing Channels & Supply Chain Management
This chapter teaches you the differences between services and goods as well as non-profit and for-profit marketing. You'll learn about channel intermediaries, channel conflict and supply chain management.
Promotion, Advertising and Public Relations
Learn about the promotional mix, advertising types, sales promotion and trade sales promotion. Examine the technology used to interact with customers and learn how public relations differs from advertising.
Selling and Pricing Strategy
End this course by studying relationship selling and steps in the selling process. Explore pricing objectives, elasticity and pricing cost. Find out how environmental factors influence pricing and learn what motivates mark-up and breakeven pricing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Earn an MBA in Marketing?
- Ways to Boost Your Resume Without a College Degree
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Is Earning HR Certification Worth My Time & Money?
- Should You Earn Your Texas Teacher Certification Online?
- Online Integrated Marketing Communications Certificates
- Online Marketing Certificate Program Information
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program and Career Overview
- Ten Ways to Boost Your GPA
- Marketing Graduate Certificate Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses