- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Course SummaryIt's easy to get ready to take the Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) test with the lessons in this course. The video and text lessons provided in this comprehensive study guide cover the topics you'll be tested on so you can fully prepare to get your best score possible.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This PHRi Certification course has been developed as a refresher for you before your PHRi test. The lessons in this course will increase your knowledge and understanding of HR duties, responsibilities and laws. We include several features to make your learning experience enjoyable and effective. After finishing, you will be ready to answer test questions on such subjects as:
- Role of the human resources department
- Time and change management
- Policies and procedures
- Recruitment and selection
- Employee relations and communication
- Compensation and benefits for employees
- Staff training and development
- Health, security and safety in the workplace
About the Exam
The PHRi exam is weighted by function area. Weighting areas are HR administration (22%), recruitment and selection (22%), employee relations and communication (20%), training and development (15%), compensation and benefits (14%), and health, safety and security (7%).
Preparing & Registering for the PHRi Exam
This study guide will increase your competency and ability to answer human resource test questions in areas of recruitment, hiring, policies and procedures and much more. Lessons are short and focused and delivered in both text and video format. Additionally, each lesson is accompanied by a quiz to verify your understanding of the materials you just studied. If you need to restudy anything on the video lessons you can use a keyword-based timeline tool to replay the exact section you want. There is also a feature that allows you to ask questions of our experts directly.
To be eligible to take the PHRi exam, you must have worked in an HR department for one year and hold a Master's degree, or two years of work with a Bachelor's degree, or four years of work if you hold less than a Bachelor's degree. Registration for the PHRi exam is typically open for five months prior to the exam and closes the month before the test date.
PHRi is a registered trademark of the HR Certification Institute which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Do Your Best on Every College Test
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses