- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 28
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Project Management? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis course is designed to help current engineers learn more about project management, including the techniques and processes for planning, scheduling and assessing risks for project development. Prospective project manager employees in your company can benefit from this comprehensive course by learning how to successfully manage all aspects of a project.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is comprised of several chapters that address individual topics relating to project management. Lessons convey ways in which projects are handled, from the project manager role in financial planning to supply chain and change management. Some of the topics covered include:
- Project management knowledge areas
- Project cost estimation
- Team assembly
- Business Process Modeling (BPM)
- Project integration
- Risk management
How It Works
Training is easy using this course, as lessons are accessible at any time from any device, or you can print out lesson transcripts and give to employees as reference guides. Training can be completed during a corporate training session in the office or assigned to employees to complete on their own time.
Features of this course include:
- Short and engaging videos that provide detailed explanations of engineering project management
- Short assessment quizzes on each lesson topic to gauge what has been retained and in what areas employees might need further review
- Comprehensive chapter exams to verify their knowledge of key concepts
- A final exam that assesses their understanding of project management
How It Helps
- Builds managerial confidence: Through the reinforcement of project management practices and processes, employees can feel more confident that they can handle the managerial tasks involved in developing a project.
- Keeps projects within budget: Employees can use cost estimation and budgeting techniques to ensure that their projects do not exceed the budget or go over schedule.
- Reduces liability: By using effective project management techniques taught in this course, your employees can reduce or even eliminate potential product liability issues that might be due to less organized and effective project management plans.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Fundamentals of Project Management||Learn about the project management process, components, financial and cost management techniques, integration practices, and managerial and stakeholder roles.|
|Project Life Cycles & Planning||Outline types of project life cycles, methods to manage resources, utilize project tools and plan for constraints.|
|Sequence Planning||Understand project integration, Business Process Modeling tools, using milestones to chart the progress of a project and employing project scheduling techniques.|
|Procurement Management||Find out about the management of supply chains and procurement planning.|
|Project Risk Management||Explore ways to identify, assess and reduce project risks and use change management plans as well as understand product liability.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Distance Learning Training in IT Project Management with Course Info
- Project Engineer Vs. Project Manager
- Difference Between Project Engineer & Project Manager
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Process Engineer Vs. Project Engineer
- Development Manager Vs. Project Manager
- Project Leader Vs. Project Manager
- Online Project Management Engineering Courses and Classes
- Online Certified Project Management Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses