- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 28
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Project Management? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryUse this online course to show your company's HR professionals the foundations of project management. Complete with professionally instructed video lessons and self-assessment quizzes, this can be an invaluable project management tool for a human resources department.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As with all of our courses, these lessons are concise while still remaining informative. We'll start off by showing your employees the basics of project management as an overreaching concept before gradually moving on to project management for human resources in particular. Finally, we'll learn how to further improve management efficiency.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Basics of Project Management||Understand the universal concepts of project management.|
|Applying HR Principles to Project Management||Take the basics of project management, and apply them to more human resources centered concepts.|
|Project Planning & Scheduling||Learn proper techniques for planning and scheduling in order to maximize project efficiency.|
|Managing Costs & Risks||Assess the costs and risks associated with a project and learn how to properly deal with those difficulties.|
|Working with Project Teams & Stakeholders||Understand how to communicate with project teams and stakeholders to create a collaborative and efficient strategy.|
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop basic project management skills
- Understand how project management & human resources relate
- Apply project management concepts to human resources
- Use proper risk assessment techniques when managing a project
How It Works
Each of our lessons is taught by an professional instructor. With a self-assessment quiz at the end of each lesson, you can be confident that your human resources department will receive a quality education in project management. With convenient video tags allowing for employees to move through the lessons at their own pace, and you and your employees will appreciate our lessons' flexibility.
Here's how to use the course:
- Watch each video lesson about project management for human resources.
- Take a self-assessment quiz at the end of each lesson to make sure you understood its concepts before moving on.
- Take a chapter exam to further show your understanding of these topics.
- Complete a comprehensive course examination.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Online Project Management Engineering Courses and Classes
- Online Certified Project Management Courses and Classes
- Project Management Video: Career Options for a Degree in Project Management
- MBA in Online Project Management Degree
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Human Resource Management Video: Career Options in Human Resources
- List of Free Online Human Resources (HR) Courses and Classes
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management: Online Certificate
- Master of Project Management (MPM): Online Degree
- Environmental Health Administrator Employment Info and Requirements for a Career in Environmental Health Admin
- Plastic Surgeon Courses and Classes Overview
- Furnace Operator Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Furnace Operator
- Game Design Career Training in North Carolina
- Tigard, Oregon (OR) Colleges
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses