- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 96
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is PMP Certification? - Value & Benefits
Course SummaryThis corporate training course is intended to help your employees develop strong project management skills. Inside, you'll find a variety of resources that examine all of the phases of a project, as well as tips for managing project teams and making effective decisions.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our subject-matter experts have created this corporate training resource on project management processes for employees who seek to assume project leadership roles. Lessons are in both video and text format, and include corresponding quizzes and tests to ensure that those using the course comprehend the material.
How It Works
Lessons are short, with each focusing on a single aspect of project management, and can be accessed by computer and mobile devices. This makes it easy for employees to work through the course whenever they have a few minutes available.
We have made it simple, using:
- Short 5-10 video runtimes
- Quizzes at the end of each lesson to ensure the individual understands lesson topics such as systems thinking approaches and team charters
- Video transcripts which are provided, along with a timeline tool that makes it easy to replay any specific section
- Chapter and course tests verify understanding of bigger picture concepts
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: These course resources will help both managers and team members understand key project principles and concepts.
- Educates managers: This course provides a variety of strategies and models to choose from to help accomplish goals.
- Creates a team: These materials provide specific instruction on ways to build stronger and more cohesive teams.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|PMP Application Process & Certification Exam||Learn the benefits of PMP certification, how to get certified, requirements, registration, costs and fees.|
|Project Management Basics||Get to know basics like the project life cycle, and the nine knowledge areas of project management.|
|Project Management Pre-Planning||Get up to speed on project charters, Agile, Six Sigma, stakeholder management, cost-benefit analysis, and business analysis.|
|Project Management Planning||Explore plan development, project organization, requirements analysis, and knowledge sharing.|
|Systems Thinking||Find out about systems thinking, how it works, various approaches, and complete exercises for practicing systems thinking.|
|Managing a Project Team||Get familiar with project governance, management team structures, team members roles and responsibilities, and find team building activities.|
|Project Execution||Learn about the execution phase of project management, working capital management, decision analysis tools, budgeting, nominal group technique and relationship management.|
|Decision Making Models||Examine 15 models for decision making and determine which one best applies to your job or situation.|
|Project Management Monitoring & Control||Consider the theory of management by objectives, explore developing objectives, performance tracking, and appraising, and integrate change control processes.|
|Project Management Closure||Discover processes and activities involved with closing out a project, customer value analysis, and final project accounting.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Distance Learning Training in IT Project Management with Course Info
- Project Management Certification and Training Programs
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Technical Project Management Career Training in Indiana
- Online Project Management Leadership Training Programs
- Construction Project Management Education and Training Programs
- Online Certified Project Management Courses and Classes
- Online Project Management Engineering Courses and Classes
- The Bentham Project Needs Your Help
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses