- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Globalization of Business? - Definition, Impact & Effects
Course SummaryUse this training course as a tool to teach your workers about the pros and cons of globalization. Get all the members of your company on the same page when it comes to globalization by utilizing these mobile friendly videos and short assessment quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
All of our courses are broken down into several chapters that address key topics through the use of short video lessons. By going through this course, your employees will discover how a global marketplace can significantly affect every type of business. Your team members will also learn about the advantages and disadvantages to globalization in relationship to business practices. Likewise, they will review the related social and legal concerns that will affect your business and your customers.
How It Works
Depending on the structure of your employee development program, you can have team members examine each video lesson individually, or they can watch all lessons back-to-back. Our course materials can be viewed on practically any device, allowing your employees to fully explore the topic of globalization whether they are on-site at your offices or while they are traveling.
The benefits of the training materials in this course include:
- Brief video lessons that thoroughly explore business practices related to globalization
- Comprehensive subject matter that outlines how globalization affects the habits of your customers worldwide
- Easy-to-follow lessons that further educate your employees about regulations and laws associated with globalization
- Lesson quizzes that challenge your team members to prove their level of comprehension
- Chapter exams that allow you to assess the value of using this course
How It Helps
- Improves business environment awareness: When your employees focus on global instead of local, it is a major change in thought processes and business practices, so your staff will need guidance on how to switch gears in a way that makes sense for your goals.
- Teaches employees about controversy: Although business globalization is a major factor, it's also a major point of contention in the professional world, and your employees will need to know what to do and say as they explore such controversial business practices.
- Prepares employees for work environment changes: By moving into a global business platform, your business may face major organizational changes and restructuring, so your staff members will need training to understand why the changes are happening and how they benefit the organization.
- Definition of terms associated with globalization
- Transformation of the marketplace worldwide
- The expenses and advantages of globalization
- Debates concerning globalization practices
- Who benefits from globalization
Effects of Globalization
- Economic disadvantages
- Effects on labor practices and work environments
- Impact on society and local culture
- Shifts in foreign and domestic politics
- Environmental concerns
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses