- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Employee Performance?
Course SummaryTrain your managers in some of the best employee feedback methods by utilizing this informative course. Performance assessment topics are covered in our fun video and text lessons, and you can test comprehension or tailor further training by using the multiple-choice quizzes accompanying each lesson.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
One of a manager's duties is to provide feedback on job performance to their employees. These brief video lessons will show your managerial employees how to provide constructive job appraisals, intervene when an employee's performance requires immediate action and provide consistent feedback to employees. The multiple-choice quizzes included with each lesson are useful to assess learning and can be used in group corporate training classes to promote discussion.
How It Works
Supervisors and managers can watch these short videos on a computer or mobile device. Our format allows your employees to watch them as their schedule permits, using embedded video tags if they need to go back and review a certain area.
Useful training features include:
- Entertaining video lessons with lots of real world examples to clarify their points
- Written transcripts that allow your managers to follow along with the narrator
- Multiple-choice quizzes at the end of each lesson
- A chapter exam that covers what constitutes an effective performance appraisal
- A chapter exam that looks at how managers should deliver constructive feedback to employees
- A final exam that covers all the appraisal and feedback topics in this course
How It Helps
- Benefits the workplace: Supervisors can learn to look at the findings of employee performance appraisals and see how they can be used to improve other areas, such as training and work environments.
- Emphasizes continual evaluation: By watching these lessons, managers will see how they can provide ongoing feedback to employees, instead of only in a yearly job performance review.
- Empower the employees: Studies show that employees who feel they have more control over their jobs are happier and more productive. By learning ways to provide this empowerment, managers who watch these lessons can perhaps see the changes reflected in improved job performance of their team members.
- Understand how to intervene: These lessons offer several options for intervening to stop and change employee behaviors that could harm the company.
Effective Performance Appraisals
- Definition of employee performance
- Purpose of performance appraisals
- Characteristics of effective performance appraisals
- Ways employee performance can be analyzed
- Types of employee evaluation systems
Constructive Employee Feedback
- Methods of employee intervention
- How to give and respond to constructive feedback
- Motivation through empowering employees
- How to set expectations for employee performance
- Ways to provide consistent feedback to employees
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Best Non-Video Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Online Video Game Tester Degrees and Training: Program Overviews
- Video Production Career Training in Chicago, IL with Course Info
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- Personal Trainer Video: Career Options in Athletic Training
- OCW People's Choice Awards: Best OER (Non-Video)
- OCW People's Choice Award Winner: Best Video Lectures
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses