- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryUse these short lessons as an effective training tool to teach your employees how they can achieve customer satisfaction through feedback, effective listening, anticipating the needs of your customers and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
No matter how large or small your business is, customer service is a key part of gaining new customers and keeping existing customers. The lessons in this course highlight the importance of good customer care and offer tips for providing excellent customer service, such as listening to the customers, anticipating their needs and resolving their complaints quickly.
How It Works
This course is divided into multiple lessons that include a short video as well as a text transcript and a multiple-choice quiz. You can show all the videos during one corporate training session or allow your employees to watch them as they have time. Some of the key features of this customer service-focused lesson include:
- Entertaining video lessons that average five minutes in length and can be viewed from any computer or mobile device
- Video tags that allow for easy reference to parts that employees may wish to re-review
- Lesson transcripts that highlight vocabulary terms
- A chapter exam on the definition and nature of customer service
- A chapter exam that covers the elements of good customer service
- An end-of-chapter test that covers all topics included within this chapter on high-quality customer service
How It Helps
- Educates employees: Employees who understand the importance of customer service to your organization will be more invested in providing high-quality service.
- Encourages listening: This course teaches employees the consequences of not listening to their customers, so employees will be more likely to employ effective listening skills.
- Builds customer bases: After completing the chapter on the elements of great customer service, employees will be able to take their current customer service skills to the next level, which may help them build a larger customer base for current and future sales.
The Nature of Customer Service
- Customer service defined
- Examples of customer satisfaction
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectations
Elements of Great Customer Service
- Effective listening
- Anticipating needs
- Making customers feel important
- Dealing with negative feedback and complaints
- Long-term customer relationships
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Study Finds That Classroom Feedback Encourages Student Satisfaction and Effective Learning
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Support Management Education and Training Programs
- Train to Be a Customer Care Rep Online: Overview of Training Options
- Customer Service Training Manager: Salary & Job Description
- You Can Advocate Effectively for Your Special Needs Students!
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses