- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 55
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1About the PSAT Writing & Language Test
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find short lessons and quizzes that go over the concepts that appear on the PSAT Writing & Language Test. Use any computer or mobile device to access this course and make sure you're fully prepared for this portion of the PSAT.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient online test preparation course goes over essential information about the PSAT Writing & Language Test, as well as the concepts you'll need to know. The course contains bite-sized lessons and self-assessments that help you practice answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the test. Topics that you can expect to study include:
- The basics of the PSAT Writing & Language Test
- Sentence structure and clarity
- Punctuation, word usage and expressions
- Evidence and argument analysis
About the Exam
The PSAT Writing & Language Test measures your ability to fix mistakes and weaknesses in different types of writing passages. The test is part of the PSAT's Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section, and it contains multiple-choice questions about simple sentences, informational graphics and longer reading passages. You can expect to apply your editorial skills to improve arguments, word choice, ideas, sentences, paragraphs, punctuation and word usage. There are 44 questions/tasks on the Writing & Language Test, and students will have 35 minutes to complete the section.
PSAT Writing & Language Test Preparation & Registration
This course offers a quick and easy way to practice your writing and language skills. Our lessons are taught by expert instructors who use an engaging teaching style, and each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you remember important concepts. Be sure to take the chapter exams and final course assessment to check your understanding of the material. The course's 24/7 availability helps you study at any time that fits your schedule, and its online format enables you to study on any device that has an Internet connection.
The PSAT/NMSQT (for 11th and 10th graders) is usually offered during fall semesters, while the PSAT 10 (for 10th graders only) is typically offered during the spring. Your school will administer the tests, but you should check with your school counselor about the specific test date so you can prepare effectively. You may need to pay a small exam fee; however, your school might cover the cost.
PSAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Language Quizzes
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- Makeup Classes and Courses Overview
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Computer Science Quizzes
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Overview of Refresher Courses for Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Accessory Design: Program Coursework Overview
- Online IT Computer Courses Overview
- Court Administration Professionals Job Information and Requirements for a Career in Court Administration
- Wood Carving Carpenter Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career in Wood Carving
- Furnace Repair Education
- Pastry Chef Training Top School for Pastry Chef Career Training - Tampa FL
- Orthopedic Assistant School
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses