- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 86
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Perform Addition: Steps & Examples
Course SummaryUse this short course to help students review core math concepts as they study for the PSSA Mathematics Grade 6 test. Our fun lessons explore all of the topics that appear on the exam, and the accompanying quizzes assess your students' knowledge of these concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining course is designed to enhance students' ability to succeed on the PSSA Mathematics Grade 6 test. Short video and text lessons cover math topics students could see on the exam, including proportional relationships, inequalities, 2-D and 3-D figures and statistical variability. With each lesson is a quiz that can assess students' knowledge of concepts covered. Chapter exams and a comprehensive course assessment are also available to reinforce lesson concepts. Once students have completed this course, they will better understand the following:
- The number system and how to perform operations, factor and manage rational numbers
- Ratios, rates, distance formulas, percents and how to solve problems with time, money and more
- How to graph and solve inequalities
- Ways to solve, simplify, write and translate various algebraic equations and expressions
- Steps for measuring and graphing 2-D and 3-D figures
- Basics of statistical variability and quantitative data
About the Exam
Students take Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) tests to help schools assess their understanding of various subjects and ensure they are meeting Pennsylvania Core Standards (PCS). The PSSA Mathematics Grade 6 test features 60 multiple-choice questions and three open-ended items. Scores range from 600 to more than 1105 and are used to determine students' levels of performance. Testing dates are often scheduled during the third full week of April.
Preparing & Registering for the PSSA Mathematics Grade 6 Test
Resources in this course make it easy for students to prepare for the test. They can view lessons in the sequence that best suits their study needs and revisit the lessons as often as needed. Video lessons offer timelines that allow students to quickly navigate key topics using clickable links, and text lessons are printable, allowing students to highlight important details and take additional notes. All lessons are accessible via computers, smartphones or tablets and are available any time, day or night. If students encounter concepts they don't fully understand, they can send questions to our experts. When ready, students can take lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a course exam to assess their knowledge of the number system, ratios, expressions, equations, quantitative data and more.
To find specific test dates for 6th graders and ensure they're prepared to take the test on those dates, contact the school or district administrator for more details. If the test is not taken on the scheduled date, make-up tests are available in early May.
The Pennsylvania System of School Assessment is administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Study Explores Student Views on the Future of Business
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Math Quizzes
- Diary of an OCW Music Student, Week 1: Basic Concepts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Fun Internship Opportunities That Prepare Students for Careers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses