- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 88
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is a Number Line?
Course SummaryWith this study guide course, your student(s) will have an additional way to prepare for the PSSA - Mathematics: Grade 7 test. Assign these engaging lessons and quizzes at any time to help your students master all of the math concepts they need to know for the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
This course is an extensive review of the mathematical procedures that your student(s) may be asked to complete when they take the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) - Mathematics: Grade 7 test. Have you student(s) follow along with the lessons as they complete topic-specific chapters that review mathematical procedures with decimals, fractions, equations, geometric forms, statistics and probability. After your student(s) have finished these lessons, they should be better prepared to solve questions involving:
- Mathematical operations with positive and negative integers
- Operations dealing with fractions and decimals
- Calculations and graphs for ratios and proportions
- Algebraic properties, simple algebraic expressions and linear inequalities
- Geometric equations and geometric properties
- Statistical sampling, properties of data sets and probability
About the Exam
Seventh-grade students in Pennsylvania are required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to take the PSSA Mathematics: Grade 7 test to assess if they are learning what they need to be learning in their seventh-grade math classes. The questions of the PSSA - Mathematics: Grade 7 test are based on the PA-Core Standards, adopted in 2013. A few of the standards measured by this exam include the students' understanding of the number system, proportional relationships, algebraic expressions/equations, geometry, statistics and probability.
Preparing & Registering for the PSSA - Mathematics: Grade 7
In addition to participating in their math classes, students may prepare for the PSSA - Mathematics: Grade 7 test by completing the chapters of this course. Each chapter allows them to read through the lessons and reinforce their retention of the knowledge presented in those lessons by reading the lesson transcripts. You can have your student(s) test their understanding of the material by asking them to complete the lesson's quizzes.
The PSSA test is administered through the child's school. if you have any questions about your student(s) registration for the PSSA - Mathematics: Grade 7 test, contact school administrators.
Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) - Mathematics: Grade 7 is a registered trademark of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- What to Do When Your Students Know More About Technology Than You Do
- Strategies for Getting to Know Your Students
- Preparing Students For College
- 5 Ways Parents Can Prepare Their Students for College
- Distance Learning and Student Visa Extensions: What You Need To Know
- What You Need to Know Before Taking Online Classes As an International Student
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Visual Artist Job Description and Requirements for a Career in the Visual Arts
- Make Up Artists Job Outlook and Info About Starting a Career As a Make Up Artist
- Workers Compensation Classes
- Oncologist Employment Information and Requirements for Becoming an Oncologist
- Metal Furnace Operator Job Duties and Info About Becoming a Metal Furnace Operator
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses