- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 65
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Rational Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryGet your students ready for the PSSA Mathematics Grade 8 exam with this study guide. We've designed this course to help students review the subjects that might appear on this test, and they can work through the course's online lessons and quizzes whenever they have free time.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Your students can use this course to review what they need to know to successfully complete the PSSA Mathematics Grade 8 exam. This study guide provides engaging lessons that cover the mathematical concepts that might appear on the test. Our lessons will help students go over:
- The number system and algebraic expressions
- Functions and linear equations
- Cylinders, cones, spheres and geometric transformations
- The Pythagorean Theorem, congruence and similarity
- Applications of statistics and probability
About the Exam
The state of Pennsylvania uses the PSSA Mathematics Grade 8 exam to measure the progress of its students. The test is divided into three sections, each with 24 multiple-choice questions, as well as one or two open-ended questions. The time limit totals about two and a half hours for all three parts.
Preparing & Registering for the PSSA Mathematics Grade 8 Exam
This study guide was prepared by mathematics experts to give your students the preparation they need for this exam. Information about these concepts is conveyed through engaging video and text lessons. We include multiple self-assessment opportunities throughout the course, encouraging students to keep track of their progress. Additionally, the students will be able to contact our instructors with any questions they have.
The PSSA Mathematics Grade 8 exam is offered through schools in Pennsylvania. The test windows are generally in the spring.
Pennsylvania System School Assessment (PSSA) is a registered trademark of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- List of Free Online Design Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- 8 Free Game Design and Development Courses and Resources Online
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- Free Web Design Courses Online
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Online Courses for Animal Care Students
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses