- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 104
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryIf you're in a rush to renew your teacher's license, take our Psychology for Teachers course to earn professional development credits. Our short video and text lessons are accessible on any mobile device so you can study at any time around your busy schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your psychology teaching license with Psychology for Teachers. Brush up on psychology topics so you can better teach psychology and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn psychology credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about perception and behavior.
- Check your knowledge of things like psychological disorders and personality assessment with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert psychology instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the CLEP Psychology exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Psychology for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Psychology teachers who want to brush up on psychology
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging psychology videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a psychology unit or course
- Aspiring psychology teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make psychology easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert psychology instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review psychology terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn psychology credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Abnormal Psychology for Teachers, Social Psychology for Teachers, and Research Methods for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in psychology as well as biology, sociology, health, and other related topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Psychology for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||History and Approaches (definition of psychology, early approaches, psychology in the last half of the 20th century, ethics in experimentation)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Biological Bases of Behavior (biological psychology, neurons, neurotransmitters, neuroplasticity, endocrine system)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Sensation and Perception (how vision works, taste, touch, perceptual development)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||States of Consciousness (the sleep cycle, hypnosis, psychoactive drugs)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Learning (classical and operant conditioning, Little Albert, observation)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Cognition (intelligence testing, biological bases of intelligence, language acquisition, memory distortion)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Motivation and Emotion (categorizing emotions, theories of emotion, flight or fight, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Developmental Psychology (prenatal and infant development, Harlow's monkeys, Piaget's Stages of Cognitive Development)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Personality (behavioral genetics, id, ego and superego, trait assessment)|
|Day 10||Chapter 10||Social Psychology (social psychology, stereotypes, group behavior, altruism)|
|Day 11||Chapter 11||Psychological Disorders and Health (types of disorders, classification, diagnosis)|
|Day 12||Chapter 12||Psychological Treatments (group and individual therapy, drugs, effectiveness of treatment)|
|Day 13||Chapter 13||Statistics, Tests and Measurement (types, validity, statistical analysis)|
|Day 14||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for psychology|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Teachers: How to Find Time For Professional Development
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Renew Illinois Teacher Certification
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How to Fit Studying for Your Teacher Certification Into Your Schedule
- How to Become a Teacher's Aide Teacher in Wisconsin
- How Professional Development Made ME a Better Teacher
- How to Fit Learning Into Busy Holiday Schedules
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses