- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryThis course is an effective and flexible training tool you can use to help your employees provide quality customer service and use effective practices for customer retention. Short video lessons are accessible 24/7 so your employees can review this material in scheduled training sessions or on their own.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Engaging and brief lessons are within every chapter of this course, which is designed to help your employees examine different dimensions of good customer service. Topics like customer satisfaction, providing great customer service and gaining loyal customers will be addressed throughout this corporate training course. Your employees can also learn what is necessary to put together an effective team of customer service specialists.
How It Works
Chapters from this course can be viewed on a wide variety of devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Additionally, this customer service course can be completed from the comfort of home.
The following conveniences can be found within this course:
- Video lessons that detail different aspects of quality customer service
- Chapter exams to help your employees assess their knowledge of effective customer service practices
- A final exam that includes different topics taken from each chapter
- Useful timelines included in each video to help employees find a certain topic
How It Helps
- Emphasizes personalization: This course helps your employees learn how to personalize their customer service offerings, making their company unique.
- Highlights social media: Through social media, your employees can go further in providing customers with good service.
- Identifies skills: Employees can pick up different customer service skills, helping them please their clientele more effectively.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Customer Satisfaction & Retention||Identify why customer satisfaction is important, determine why it's important to understand products and services and examine how to deal with complaining customers.|
|Providing Customer Service||Understand what a call center is, explain how companies provide good customer service and review how face-to-face customer service works.|
|Building an Effective Customer Service Team||Learn about the roles of a customer service manager, determine how to recruit good customer service members, understand what being a good leader is about and identify skills that good customer service representatives need.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Flashcards - Employee Training & Motivation
- Customer Service Training Manager: Salary & Job Description
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- Learn Customer Service
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses