- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 16
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Strategic Management Process
Course SummaryTake Quantitative Analysis for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging business video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
2 chapters in Quantitative Analysis for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your business teaching license with Quantitative Analysis for Teachers. Brush up on quantitative analysis topics so you can better teach marketing, management principles, and other business topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn business credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about quantitative decision making and simulation analysis.
- Check your knowledge of things like linear programming and inventory models with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert business instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel Quantitative Analysis exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Quantitative Analysis for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business and finance teachers who want to brush up on quantitative analysis
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging quantitative analysis videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a quantitative analysis unit or course
- Aspiring business teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make quantitative analysis easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review quantitative analysis terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Management for Teachers, Marketing for Teachers, and Supervision Principles for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in quantitative analysis as well as business ethics, organizational behavior, management, and other business topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Quantitative Analysis for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Quantitative Decision Making and Risk Analysis (the strategic management process, the decision making process for organizations, decision making models, risk analysis and risk management)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Simulation in Quantitative Analysis (static vs. dynamic simulation, the role of simulation in analyzing and solving business problems, computer simulation)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Inventory Models (merchandise inventory, inventory cost, inventory management)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Waiting Line Models and Queuing Theory (waiting-line problems, the business economics of waiting lines, opening characteristics of waiting line models)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Decision Analysis in Business (decision making without probabilities, decision trees and payoff tables, expected values of perfect information in business, decision strategy)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Project Scheduling and Management (project planning, PERT analysis, Gantt charts and bar graphs, critical path method, time-cost tradeoff)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Linear Programming (solving problems with linear programming, extreme points in problem solving, interpreting computer solutions of linear programming models)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Sensitivity Analysis in Business (sensitivity analysis for objective function coefficients, uses of sensitivity analysis, graphical sensitivity analysis)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Linear Program Applications (marketing applications of linear programs, financial applications of linear programs, operations management applications of linear programs)|
|Day 10||Chapter 10||Distribution and Network Models (the transportation problem, the assignment problem, the transshipment problem)|
|Day 11||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for quantitative analysis|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Nebraska Teacher Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Kansas Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Top Health Information Technology Degrees - Long Beach CA
- International Business Degree Top International Business Program - Philadelphia PA
- Recording Arts Degree Program in Cincinnati
- Top Degree Programs for the Culinary Arts - Denver CO
- Marketing Courses Top College with Courses and Degrees in Marketing - Washington DC
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses