- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 35
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Get the Gist of an Essay & Improve Reading Comprehension
Course SummaryIn this study guide is a comprehensive overview of concepts you could see on a test covering reading basics for educators. Enjoy access to fun lessons and accompanying quizzes that make it easy to refresh your knowledge of these reading concepts before taking your test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This self-paced course is designed for busy teachers interested in quickly getting reacquainted with the basics of reading while preparing for a test. Chapters feature collections of bite-sized lessons that offer brief yet in-depth analyses of vocabulary, inferential reasoning and much more. Assessment options include multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams. After completing this course, you will have the knowledge to address topics that include the following on your test:
- How to find the main and supporting ideas in reading selections
- Ways to organize content in reading selections
- Basics of vocabulary in context
- How to evaluate arguments and ideas
- Generalization and inferential reasoning basics
Preparing for a test that covers reading basics for educators is simple using this course's study resources. Accessible 24/7 via any computer or mobile device, the lessons can be studied anytime during time frames and in Internet-enabled locations that you choose. Each lesson covers a different topic, helping you to focus on the specifics of paraphrasing, structure in writing, connotation and denotation, foreshadowing, how to evaluate reasoning and much more. Use our lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final exam to ensure you fully understand all concepts covered in this course. If you need to clarify any details presented in the lessons, be sure to submit them to our experts via the Dashboard.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Fun and Easy Ways to Incorporate More Reading Into Your Classroom
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Taking Harder Tests Makes You Smarter
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- How to Study for AP Tests
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Overview of Refresher Courses for Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- 7 Test-Taking Tips for Adult Students
- Simple Test-Taking Tips for Your ADHD Kid
- GED Math Test Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses