- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 79
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Recruitment in HR?
Course SummaryHaving the right employees in the right positions is a key element in the success of any business. Help to teach your HR employees important strategies and techniques using our effective Recruiting and Hiring Employees corporate training course.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We've made it easy to use this course: simply refer to individual chapters, focusing on the topics you feel your employees need to review most. You can have them review such subjects as staffing and job analysis, interview techniques, the employee placement process, compensation and benefits, recruitment metrics and so much more. Test what they have learned with assessment quizzes that help determine when they're ready to starting implementing the strategies discussed in the chapters.
How It Works
This online course is available 24/7 from any device, so it's easy to fit training into any part of the workday or to have employees review the material in the evening or weekends. You could even print lesson transcripts to create quick-reference materials.
The course contains:
- Short, engaging lessons on recruiting, hiring and other HR practices that take 10 minutes or less to review
- Brief quizzes that quickly measure what employees have retained from each lesson
- Chapter exams to mark one's readiness in moving from one topic to the next
- A final exam that indicates an employee fully understands all concepts covered in the course and can implement these practices to improve your HR department
How It Helps
- Increases likelihood of hiring the right person for the job: Employees will be prepared to put processes into action that ensures your HR employees are properly selecting and hiring the best job candidates.
- Improves production: After learning how to fill important roles with the best-suited individuals, thus leading to better production and job results.
- Maintains proper staffing: Your HR employees can become more adept at analyzing staffing needs and ensuring that workflow is consistently handled so your company runs smoothly and efficiently.
Once they have completed this course, your employees should understand:
- How to employ HR forecasting methods
- The importance of job descriptions, analysis and evaluation
- Different recruiting methods and strategies
- The impact and effects of employment laws on recruiting and hiring
- Pre-screening and interviewing techniques
- Compensation and benefits systems
- Making job offers and composing contracts
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- 3 Techniques You Should Be Using to Retain Your Employees
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- 7 Strategies to Keep Employees Engaged All Summer Long
- What Employees Want in a Relocation Package
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- Why You Should Help Your Employees Earn a College Degree
- The Ins and Outs of Employee Exit Interviews for HR Managers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses