- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 34
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Stress: Definition and Impact on Overall Health
Course SummaryBy participating in this self-paced corporate learning course, you'll learn about the role management plays in identifying and reducing stress for employees in the workplace. Our short video lessons are fun and informative, and the included quizzes may be used for additional review or training.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Learn how to create a more supportive and productive work environment with the chapters presented in this course. Each chapter contains a series of brief lessons designed especially for supervisors, covering topics like defining work-related stress, managing stress on individual and organization-wide levels, developing interventions, setting goals, supporting employees and more.
How It Works
For a stress-free training experience, this course may be accessed anywhere, any time, and may be completed at any pace. The only technical requirement is an Internet-connected computer, mobile phone, laptop, or tablet.
This course features:
- A flexible format with clear learning objectives
- Training that is easy to follow, customize and apply to real life situations
- Topic-based chapters that are divided into manageable, memorable lessons
- Practical information for supervisors on how to handle such issues, with useful exercises, tips and strategies
- Quizzes at the end of each lesson and chapter (plus a cumulative final exam), which may be used to review the material as needed
How It Helps
- Educates Management: Here, managers will learn the basics on how to define, identify and assess the level of stress in their own workplace. They will learn about the consequences of stress, plus the benefits of reducing it. Other topics, such as communication, feedback and social support, are also covered.
- Improves Morale: Reducing stress in the workplace creates a more positive, productive environment. This up-to-date course will show supervisors how to support the continued well-being of both their employees and the organization as a whole.
- Promotes Prevention: A stressful workplace may lead to adverse behavior, or even physical illness or injury. Through the introduction of tools, techniques and other programs at a supervisor's disposal, this course demonstrates how a workforce may collaborate to actively prevent stress.
After the successful completion of this course, managerial employees will be able to:
- Identify, define and cope with different types of stress
- Recognize, assess and reduce workplace stressors, including time and distance
- Manage individual cases of stress effectively and confidentially
- Reduce stress on the organizational level through setting goals, redesigning jobs and more
- Promote a positive working environment
- Communicate effectively with employees, providing support and respect
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Distance Learning Training in IT Project Management with Course Info
- Distance Learning Training Courses in Industrial Management
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Online Stress Management Course and Training Information
- Self-Paced Computer Training Programs and Requirements
- Distance Learning Airport Security Management Course and Class Reviews
- Distance Learning Corporate Finance Degrees with Course Info
- Distance Learning Courses and Degree Programs Video
- Distance Learning Fitness Instructor Training Courses
- List of Free Online Electrical Training Courses and Learning Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses