- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Jane Austen: Biography and Major Novels
Course SummaryIf you find you're struggling with 12th grade English, our remedial course makes learning simple and fun. Each video lesson covers the essential English topics you need to know so you can work at your own pace to increase your grade or prepare for a big test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with 12th grade English will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your 12th grade English grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed English homework
- Have a hard time understanding your English lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming English exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our English instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with English concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with an introduction to British prose, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on productive discussions and speaking and listening skills. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify the English topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study common usage errors, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering English!
1. Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
2. Open a lesson and play the video.
3. Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
4. Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning an English concept.
5. Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
6. See your course progress on the English remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your English knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- British authors, playwrights and poets
- African American poets and writers
- American authors and playwrights
- Literary terms used in poetry and prose
- Essay writing, editing and proofreading methods
- Methods for avoiding plagiarism and using sources
- Quality writing and usage conventions
- Usage errors in writing
- Grammar and punctuation
- Capitalization rules and spelling tips
- Links between text and media
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses for Learning Spoken English: Course Summaries
- English Course Catalog
- 12th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- How to Make the Most of Being in a Remedial Class
- How Online Courses Work Video
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- List of Free Online English Courses and Workshops
- Video: What You Need to Know About Applying to College
- Essential Tips for Maintaining Good Grades in College
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses