- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Course SummaryIf you're struggling to understand contemporary math, our remedial course can help you get caught up in class. Study our short, concise video and text lessons and then take the self-assessment quizzes to see how well you understand the material and earn a better grade in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with math topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your math grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed math homework
- Have a hard time understanding your math lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming math exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our math instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with math concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with critical thinking and logic, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on different types of algorithms. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify math topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study probability, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering math!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a math concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the math remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your math knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Critical thinking, logic, and reasoning in mathematical problem-solving
- Key steps to solving word problems
- Types of statistics and how to use them
- Basic set theory, types of probability, probability rules, and performing related calculations
- Theoretical and applied discrete probability for problem-solving
- Graphing probability distributions
- Preference ballots, linear ballots, preference schedules, and voting
- Methods of apportionment
- Graph theory and application
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Use Formative Assessments to Better Understand Every Student
- How to Make the Most of Being in a Remedial Class
- What You Should Know to Better Understand Passover
- Understand How Your Students Read to Make Class Time More Effective
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Online Classes and Courses in Holistic Wellness
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- Wellness Quizzes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses