- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryOur Remedial Earth Science course can help you catch up where you've fallen behind in Earth science. Review these video and text lessons and then take the accompanying multiple-choice quizzes to make sure you're ready for an upcoming test or to prepare for a big class project.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with Earth science topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your Earth science grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed Earth science homework
- Have a hard time understanding your Earth science lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming Earth science exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our Earth science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with Earth science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with a review of what the study of Earth science entails, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on changing natural phenomena. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify Earth science topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study ecology and ecosystems, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering Earth science!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning an Earth science concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the Earth science remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your Earth science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- The interior and exterior of the Earth
- Plate tectonics continental drift
- Folds, faults and mountain building
- Thermal energy
- Solar energy and weather
- Energy and material resources
- The scientific method and methods of reporting
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Earth Science Courses and Classes
- How to Make the Most of Being in a Remedial Class
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Earth Science
- Acoustic Science Course and Class Descriptions
- MRI Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Applied Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses