- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 208
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Scientific Ways of Thinking
Course SummaryIf you're trying to get caught up after an incomplete or failed class, our Remedial Life Science course can help. These short video lessons and quizzes are available on any mobile device, giving you a flexible study guide you can use at any time to bring up your grade in class.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with life science topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on challenging subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your life science grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed life science homework
- Have a hard time understanding your life science lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming life science exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our life science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with life science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with an introduction to life science, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on natural resources. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify life science topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study DNA replication and mutation, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering life science!
1. Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
2. Open a lesson and play the video.
3. Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
4. Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a life science concept.
5. Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
6. See your course progress on the life science remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your life science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Major chemicals and features found in life
- Cell components, cycles and division steps
- DNA replication and mutation
- Types of organisms and their energy needs
- Origins of life on earth
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Evolution and natural selection
- Microbiology and microbes
- Types of ecosystems and how they change
- Animal behavior and communication techniques
- Types of invertebrates
- Mammalian development and reproduction
- Human cardiovascular, digestive, muscular and skeletal systems
- Functions of the endocrine and urinary systems
- Human sensory processes
- Human health concerns and issues
- Plant biology, growth and reproduction
- Environmental concerns and issues
- Natural resource basics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Make the Most of Being in a Remedial Class
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Avoid Remedial Classes in Community College to Save Time & Money
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Online Life Science Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Setting Up Your 2nd Grade Daily Class Schedule
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses