- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Position in Physics? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis Remedial Middle School Physical Science course was designed to help students who are struggling in class get caught up. Our short video and text lessons break down even the toughest topics so you can get caught up, finish your homework assignments more easily and get a great grade in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Students who need help with physical science topics will find this remedial course provides a simple and effective way to catch up on subject matter. You'll find this course useful if you:
- Need to bring your physical science grade up
- Are trying to catch up on any missed physical science homework
- Have a hard time understanding your physical science lessons in class
- Want some extra preparation materials for an upcoming physical science exam
- Prefer self-paced learning in multiple formats (visual or auditory)
- Would like a low-pressure alternative to formal or traditional classes
You'll be able to benefit from this remedial course in several ways:
- It's helpful: Short lesson series make the material engaging and easier to absorb.
- It's convenient: Study when you want, where you want from any computer or mobile device.
- It's flexible: Whether you learn better by reading, hearing or watching a video, we've got you covered.
- It's authoritative: Our physical science instructors are experts who make topics understandable and fun!
Using the Course
We've designed this course so that it's easy to navigate for students who are struggling with physical science concepts. Check out the two most popular options to decide which best fits your needs:
- Start at the beginning with an investigation of motion and force, and advance through the chapters and lessons in order until you reach the last lesson on the use of mathematical relationships in science. Lessons follow a natural progression, making this option simple to follow along.
- Identify physical science topics you find most difficult, and skip the material you already know. If you only need to study density and buoyancy, you can go straight to that chapter. Though some lessons might refer to topics in previous lessons, each one is designed to stand alone to make sure you get all of the info you need to understand a topic.
Simply follow these steps, and you'll be on your way to mastering physical science!
- Start at the beginning or find the chapter subjects or lesson topics you need to learn about.
- Open a lesson and play the video.
- Test your understanding of the material using the short lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Ask our expert instructors questions if you need extra help learning a physical science concept.
- Go to the next lesson in the chapter to continue learning.
- See your course progress on the physical science remedial course page.
What You Can Learn
You can advance your physical science knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- The properties of forces and motion
- Characteristics of matter
- Earth's place in the solar system
- Chemical reactions
- The chemical composition of all living systems
- Groups and elements on the periodic table
- Mathematical formulas about buoyancy and density
- Conducting experiments and running scientific investigations
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- How to Make the Most of Being in a Remedial Class
- No More Homework: The End of School Break Assignments
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Kitchen Design Courses and Classes
- Car Design Courses and Classes
- Setting Up Your 2nd Grade Daily Class Schedule
- Finish Carpentry Courses and Classes with Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses