- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 146
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Research? - Definition, Purpose & Typical Researchers
Course SummaryIf studying the research methods used in psychology is a challenge for you, get some help with this flexible tutoring course. Work at your own pace as you use the video lessons and printable lesson transcripts to prepare for a test or quiz.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other psychology research methods work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn research methods in psychology material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the principles of ethical research, data collection techniques, nonexperimental research, qualitative research methods and design, measurement in research, internal validity in research, or any other research methods in psychology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing research methods in psychology
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in research methods in psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning psychology research methods simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live psychology research methods tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn research methods in psychology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Become familiar with different types of research.
- Learn how to conduct ethical research.
- Describe the steps taken in setting up research studies.
- Explore different techniques for collecting psychological data.
- Discuss different types of nonexperimental research.
- Explain how qualitative research is designed.
- Examine quasi-experimental research designs.
- Learn different sampling methods.
- Understand why measurement is important to the research process.
- Recognize variables that affect internal validity.
- Identify threats to external validity.
- Learn how to design experiments.
- Describe the use of descriptive statistics and inferential statisics in psychology.
- Understand how to evaluate research findings.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Online Courses Work Video
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Psychology Videos
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- GED Study Methods By Test Section
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts