- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 157
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Fly Away Home Lesson Plan
Course SummaryUse the teacher resources in this course to enhance your curriculum and bring your lessons to life. The course offers easy-to-use lesson plans and other instructional tips/strategies that you can easily implement in the classroom.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
If you are looking for helpful tips and strategies geared toward teaching early readers, you've reached the right place! This entertaining course offers a variety of teacher resources designed to strengthen your lessons, enhance your methods of instruction, and maximize student performance. Resources in this course include lesson plans that offer learning objectives, instructional tips, activity ideas and more related to picture books. Lessons in this course ensure you're prepared to help your students understand fables, folklore, picture books about school and more.
How It Works
This course enables you to access teacher resources in the classroom, at home or anywhere you choose to plan your curriculum and lesson plans. Navigate them any sequence you desire, and revisit them as often as needed to strengthen your ability to teach your early readers.
Features available in this course include the following:
- Engaging video and text lessons you can use to strengthen your understanding of how to teach about fables, folklore and picture books
- Informative lesson plans that offer learning objectives, activity ideas, lesson instructions and other resources to help you teach early readers
- Self-assessments like quizzes and exams that allow you to test your knowledge of how to teach early readers
- Mobile accessibility that enables you to access resources from any computer, smartphone or tablet
- Ask Our Experts feature on the Dashboard that allows you to submit and get answers to your course topic questions
How It Helps
- Strengthens knowledge: The lessons in this course boost your knowledge of ways to best teach your young students how to read different types of books and literature.
- Aids in lesson planning: This course's lesson plans offer ideas and strategies you can use to develop your curriculum, plan quality lessons and better engage your students in the classroom.
- Enhances student learning: Resources in this course ensure you have instructional methods and classroom ideas you can use to get your students excited about reading and improve their learning outcomes.
This course offers lesson plans and other resources that cover the following:
- Fables and folklore
- Picture books about school
- Monsters in picture books
- Picture books with animals
- Math in picture books
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses: Bring the Classroom Home!
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Classroom Management Resources for Teachers
- Tips for Fitting Online College Courses Into Your Busy Life
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- List of Free Online Italian Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online German Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses