- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 185
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Defining ESL vs. ELL
Course SummaryThroughout this course you'll find many useful and effective supplemental resources for teaching English language learners. The course offers engaging lessons related to ESL vocabulary, class activities, assessments, accommodations, legal issues and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We'll explore a wide variety of topics that focus on the resources you can use to teach English language learners in your classroom. This course provides teachers the critical skills and techniques they need to work with these students.
How It Works
Our professional instructors will give you resources that you can use in your ESL classroom. With online video and text lessons right at your fingertips, we'll show you the strategies you need to improve your teaching techniques for English language learners. Here are some of the reasons why this course is a great learning tool:
- Short and engaging video lessons that break down the resources
- Video tags that make it easy to navigate and skip around each lesson
- Transcripts that are paired with the videos that outline bold terms and phrases
- Self-assessment quizzes that go over the material you just reviewed
- Ability to reach out to instructors when struggling with material
How It Helps
- Provides variety: You'll learn about games, activities and exercises that can help your students improve their vocabulary, reading, listening and writing skills.
- Greater student performance: When you use our lessons in this course, it will help your students increase performance in your classroom.
- Effective strategies for all ages: This course will provide you with resources that have been proven to be effective for child and adult English language learners.
|Teaching English Language Learners|
ESL vs ELL
Instruction for ELL students
Silent period for ELL
Accommodations for ELL
Grammar for ESL
Technology for ESL
Songs for ESL
Graphic organizers for ESL
ESL online teaching tips
Assessing ELL special education
|Vocabulary for English Language Learners|
|Games & Exercises for ESL Students|
English learning games
ESL vocab games
ESL grammar games
ESL listening activities
ESL writing exercises
|Books & Reading Activities for ESL Students|
ESL reading exercises
ESL reading comprehension activities
Book suggestions for ESL students
Books and reading comprehension for ESL
ESL reading for adults
Short stories for ESL learners
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Courses and Classes for ESL Teaching Programs
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Flashcards - Assessments for English Language Learners
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- Teaching Credential Classes and Courses
- Flashcards - Teaching Diverse English Language Learners
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Free Online Courses Are Useful for All
- Flashcards - Teaching Diverse English Language Learner Populations
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses