- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 271
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Social Communication Disorder: Symptoms & Treatment
Course SummaryThis course provides convenient and effective resources for teaching special education. Access these lessons at any time to improve your special education instruction skills and learn new strategies for differentiated instruction, response to intervention, special education advocacy and much more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course will provide an informative overview of strategies for teaching students with different learning needs. These lessons are written by teachers in the field so that you can receive helpful, practical guidance in regards to working with students in special education programs.
How It Works
This course is available to you at any time - on your computer or mobile device. You'll view short, engaging lessons that illustrate the material in way that's easy to absorb and comprehend. You can test your knowledge of the topics with short quizzes after each lesson.
This course includes:
- Short video and text lessons that discuss sensible strategies for teaching students in special education programs
- Video transcripts for taking notes and text-based learning
- Clickable timelines to help you navigate a particular video
- Lesson quizzes to gauge your understanding of the topics
- Self-assessment chapter exams to test your knowledge of accommodations, goals, and teaching strategies for students in special education programs
How It Helps
- Gives practical guidance: You'll learn techniques for teaching students with a variety of learning needs.
- Provides insight: The lessons will help you review relevant information about the different conditions your students might have.
- Enhances student learning: Gaining an understanding of strategies for effectively teaching students in special education programs can improve student outcomes.
Teaching Special Education
- Symptoms of emotional disturbance
- Accommodations and methods for teaching students with emotional disturbance
- Classroom management techniques for students with ADHD
- IEP goals for students with ADHD
- Assistive technology and teaching strategies for students with ADHD
- Classroom and curriculum accommodations for students with autism
- Utilizing assistive technology for students with hearing-impairments
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Special Education Course Information
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Special Education Instructional Assistant: Job Description & Requirements
- Top Schools for Special Education Teaching
- Special Education Teaching Requirements in Minnesota
- Special Education Teaching Requirements in Colorado
- Special Needs Education & Accommodation Resources
- Special Education Teaching Degree in Atlanta with Course Overviews
- Online Classes in Special Education Teaching with Course Descriptions
- Special Education Teaching Courses in Houston, TX with Degree Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses