- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Aligning Kindergarten Math with TEKS
Course SummaryThis course is a convenient and easy-to-use resource for teachers and educators in Texas. These engaging lessons are aligned with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards, and they provide a variety of curriculum planning and classroom resources for many grade levels and subjects.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Biology TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment|
|Lesson 2 - Using TEKS in Texas Science Curriculum|
About This Course
This course helps teachers and educators in Texas align their elementary and middle school curricula to Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards. These resources cover kindergarten through eighth grade and include essential elementary and middle school subjects, such as math, reading, history and science. Engaging video lessons are generally less than ten minutes long, so teachers can quickly apply the material to their own lesson plans and classroom activities.
How It Works
You'll study several engaging video and text lessons related to the grade level(s) and subject(s) you teach. You can make sure you retain each lesson's key takeaways by completing the accompanying lesson and chapter quizzes. You can also access the course materials at any time on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
This course includes:
- Concise video lessons designed to help you align your curricula to TEKS standards
- Helpful timelines that allow you jump to specific points in each video lesson
- Lesson transcripts you can print for further study
- Lesson-specific quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam to help you check your understanding of TEKS content across several subjects
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons and courses: Short video lessons help teachers plan elementary and middle curricula for a variety of subjects and grade levels.
- Meets curriculum standards: These lessons cover information that meets TEKS standards.
- Improves student performance: Effectively planning courses with these resources can help increase student engagement and retention.
|Kindergarten TEKS|| Plan a pre-k and kindergarten curriculum|
Study kindergarten math, science, social studies and reading standards for TEKS
|First Grade TEKS|| Develop a first grade curriculum|
Understand TEKS math, social studies, reading and science topics
|Second Grade TEKS||Learn how to plan TEKS second grade curricula across several subjects|
|Third Grade TEKS|| Align a variety of third grade concepts with TEKS standards|
Plan a comprehensive third grade curriculum
|Fourth Grade TEKS||Strategize curricula that meet TEKS standards for fourth grade classes|
|Fifth Grade TEKS||Fit fifth grade math, science, reading and social studies topics with TEKS|
|Sixth Grade TEKS|| Plan and develop sixth grade syllabi|
Tie sixth grade subjects to TEKS standards
|Seventh Grade TEKS||Study a variety of seventh grade subjects that meet TEKS standards|
|Eighth Grade TEKS||Develop eighth grade course plans and understand TEKS standards for eighth grade subjects|
|Subject Area TEKS||Curriculum planning and TEKS alignment for world geography, algebra, music, physical education, Spanish, art and technology|
|Science TEKS|| Curriculum planning for biology|
How to use TEKS for science curricula in Texas
|History TEKS||TEKS alignment for U.S. history and world history plus curriculum planning|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- TEKS - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- How to Become a Substitute Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Technology Teacher in Texas
- How to Become an ESL Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Math Teacher in Texas
- Becoming a Preschool Teacher in Texas
- How to Become an Art Teacher in Texas
- How to Become an Elementary Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Chemistry Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a History Teacher in Texas
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses