- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Retail Selling? - Techniques & Process
Course SummaryAssign this course to your retail employees at any time to help them review the foundations of retail management. The course's lessons and quizzes can be used to train potential retail managers or strenthen the management skills of your current retail supervisors.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This multi-chapter corporate training course provides a comprehensive overview of retail management. With engaging and bite-sized lessons, employees can quickly learn how business management concepts, such as human resources and customer service, can be applied to the management of large and small retail stores. The lessons come with several tools to supplement the learning process, including convenient transcripts, self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
How It Works
This course is designed with convenience and flexibility in mind. Busy employees can access these videos at any time through virtually any desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device, which enables them to watch and study these lessons whenever they can.
Using the training course is simple:
- Short-yet-comprehensive video lessons cover the fundamentals of retail management by highlighting important retail terms and concepts
- Self-assessment quizzes are included to help employees retain the knowledge they've learned in each lesson
- Chapter exams help employees check their understanding of key topics as they progress through the course
- A final exam ensures that employees fully understand the most important retail management concepts
How It Helps
- Expands employee knowledge: This course helps employees understand how essential business management concepts can be applied in a retail context.
- Builds key skills: This course equips employees with the knowledge and skills needed to manage large and small retail stores.
- Develops management expertise: The course benefits employees who want to strengthen their understanding of management skills specific to retail.
After finishing the course, employees should be able to:
- Understand retail management and customer service principles
- Know how to manage large and small retail stores
- Define human resources and managerial roles
- Internalize retail store management concepts, such as inventory cost and merchandise planning
- Recognize data concepts related to retail information systems
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Fashion Retail Manager
- How to Become a Retail Pharmacist
- Masters in Retail Management: Program Information
- Retail Management Major: Information and Requirements
- Associate of Retail Management: Degree Overview
- Online Retail Management Graduate Degree Programs with Course Info
- Retail Courses and Classes Overview
- Top Retail Management Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Retail Management Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- Fashion and Retail Management Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses