- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Types of Business Meetings: Formal & Informal
Course SummaryMeetings are one of the best tools an organization can use to share information, brainstorm ideas and complete projects. This short video course offers a convenient format in which your managerial employees can learn how to apply methods for running effective meetings.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Company meetings can be utilized to accomplish a wide variety of business goals. Engaging video lessons in this course explore how meetings contribute to a company's success, the elements that make a meeting successful and how one can lead a productive meeting. Your employees can watch the lessons and then take short self-assessment quizzes to gauge their comprehension of the concepts covered. If you have any questions about the chapters, our instructors are available to offer assistance.
How It Works
The lessons can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your corporate training goals. You may want to include the lessons in a training session where you discuss topics as a group. You could also have your employees watch videos individually on their computers or mobile devices then review their quiz and exam results to determine how well they understand the course.
Training features you can use include:
- Easy-to-navigate videos with tags that allow employees to review details about running effective meetings
- Self-assessment quizzes that assess comprehension of each lesson's concepts
- Chapter exams that reinforce the elements of successful meetings and tips for leading productive meetings
- A final exam that ensures employees understand key concepts in the course
How It Helps
- Improves meeting productivity: The lessons offer the strategies necessary to organize and effectively run both formal and informal meetings.
- Strengthens communication skills: Your employees' communication skills can improve significantly after learning how to strengthen their role in the two-way information sharing process.
- Develops leadership qualities: Learning to run well-organized and facilitated meetings with confidence can help develop your employees' leadership qualities in other job roles.
- Enhances company operations: Improving meeting quality can ensure information is delivered clearly and concisely, which can enhance your company's operations.
Elements of Successful Meetings
- Types of formal and informal business meetings
- How to prepare, conduct and contribute to productive meetings
- Strategies to use when conducting a virtual meeting
- How technology is changing group communication
- Four elements of effective communication
Leading Productive Meetings
- How to create a practical meeting agenda
- Strategies for running an effective meeting
- Quality audience-centered communication
- Techniques for becoming an effective meeting leader and facilitator
- Best practices for using PowerPoint during a meeting
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Certified Meeting Planner Courses and Certification Information
- Certified Meeting Planner Video: Career Options for Certified Meeting Planners
- Certified Meeting Planner Courses and Classes Overview
- Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania Education and City Information
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses