- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 225
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Course SummaryPrepare for the SAT Biology exam with the learning tools provided in this self-paced review course. Learn more about the topics you'll find on the exam by watching the video lessons or reading the lesson transcripts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help preparing for the SAT Subject Test in Biology will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding organic chemistry, genetic mutations, cell division, ecology, evolution, social biology or any other SAT biology topic.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the SAT Subject Test in Biology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the SAT Biology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the measurements, methods and terms used in science?
- How do inorganic and organic chemistry differ from each other?
- Where are DNA and RNA found in the cell?
- What roles do enzymes play in biology?
- What are the parts of cells and their purposes?
- How do the different parts of plants help them develop and reproduce?
- How do the various human body systems work?
- What are the basic principles of human genetics and heredity?
- Why do genetic mutations happen?
- What are the major levels and types of ecosystems?
- How did life originate and evolve on Earth?
- What principles guide the classification of organisms?
- What types of behaviors are studied in social biology?
- How should scientific experiments be designed?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- List of Free Online Cartooning Lessons and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Biology Lesson Plans: Physiology, Mitosis, Metric System Video Lessons
- Distance Learning Courses and Degree Programs Video
- Compass Exams
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- Animal Care Careers Job Options Duties and Requirements
- Training Programs in Database Management
- Architectural Engineers Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Architectural Engineering
- Radiation Protection Technician Job Description and Requirements
- Pediatric RN Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses