- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 126
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryThere's no easier way to prepare for the SAT Chemistry exam than our entertaining review course. These short video lessons and self-assessment quizzes work as a flexible, mobile-friendly study guide you can use at any time to study for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding SAT chemistry material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding nuclear chemistry, chemical bonding, stoichiometry, kinetics, thermodynamics or any other SAT chemistry topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about chemistry.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the SAT Chemistry final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the chemical and physical properties of matter?
- Why are atomic numbers and mass numbers significant?
- How does the periodic table work?
- What are the steps used to balance nuclear equations?
- How do chemical bonds form?
- How does kinetic molecular theory explain the properties of liquids and solids?
- What formulas and laws are used to perform calculations with gases?
- What is meant by the rate of dissolution?
- How can stochiometry calculations describe what happens in chemical reactions?
- What's the formula for calculating acid-base equilibrium?
- What factors influence the rate of chemical reactions?
- How is energy transferred during chemical or physical processes?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Should I Major in Chemistry? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Work in Human Resources? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How to Study for AP Tests
- 5 Ways to Make Studying for Tests More Interesting
- How To Tell If Your University Is 'Study Abroad Friendly'
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses