- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 105
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Energy? - Definition and Significance in Nature
Course SummaryIf you need help preparing for the SAT Physics Subject Test, take a look at this fun review course. Our short video lessons highlight all the important topics that you'll find on the exam. You can also ask an instructor for clarification on any test subjects that you're having trouble understanding.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help preparing for the SAT Physics Subject Test will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding thermodynamics, mechanics, electricity, magnetism, particle physics, relativity or any other SAT physics topic.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for SAT Physics Subject Test.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the SAT Physics final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What types of lab equipment and math concepts do physicists use?
- How do the different kinds of energy compare to each other?
- What are the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics?
- How do Newton's three laws of motion explain force-related relationships?
- What do Newton's laws say about gravity, mass and weight?
- What equations and practical applications are associated with planar motion?
- How does electricity work?
- What principles explain the characteristics of light and sound waves?
- What are some of the quantum mechanical qualities of matter?
- Why are atomic and mass numbers important in physics?
- How does radioactive decay affect the nucleus?
- What are some examples of general and special relativity?
- How does chaos theory work?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Take the ACT, SAT or Both? - Pros and Cons of Each Test
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses