- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 126
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryLet us help you get the best score you can on the SAT Subject Test in Chemistry with our flexible tutoring course. Our video lessons and quizzes act as a comprehensive study guide that you can review on any mobile device, at any time, as you prepare for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your review or other SAT chemistry work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn chemistry for the SAT subject test and earn high scores. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding chemical reactions, equilibrium, gases, nuclear chemistry, atoms, or any other SAT chemistry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves needing help with SAT chemistry topics
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in reviewing for the SAT subject test
- Don't have access to an SAT chemistry instructor
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning chemistry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live chemistry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn chemistry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explore the metric system and the use of chemistry laboratory equipment.
- Discuss early atomic theory and learn to use the Bohr Model.
- Describe the arrangement of the Periodic Table and examine the properties of transition metals.
- Study nuclear chemistry and chemical bonding.
- Recognize the properties of solids, gases and liquids.
- Interpret heating curves and phase changes.
- Discuss the formation of solutions.
- Study stoichiometry and learn to make calculations.
- Learn how to write and balance chemical reactions.
- Define and provide examples of equilibrium.
- Understand kinetics and thermodynamics.
- Learn strategies for taking the SAT Chemistry Test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Is IT Possible To Get Good ACT or SAT Scores Without Studying?
- What Parents Really Think About Online Tutoring for ACT/SAT and Other Test Prep
- Should I Write in My SAT/ACT Test Booklet?
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Much Should SAT and ACT Tests Count in Admissions Decisions?
- Should I Take the ACT, SAT or Both? - Pros and Cons of Each Test
- How to Do Your Best on Every College Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Do Community Colleges Require SAT & ACT Scores?
- Sonographer Technician Major
- Top Rated Programming Degree Programs - Tampa FL
- Dialysis Technician Job Duties and Info for Students Considering a Career As a Dialysis Technician
- Nursing Programs Top Ranking Nursing College - Tucson AZ
- Top Degree Programs for International Business and Global Business Management - San Antonio TX
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses