- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 83
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Energy? - Definition and Significance in Nature
Course SummaryIf you're getting ready to take the SAT Subject Test in Physics, use the flexible learning tools found in this tutoring course to review the key concepts you could find on the test. Our video lessons and quizzes can help build your confidence ahead of test day so you can earn the best score possible.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other SAT physics work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn SAT physics material to prepare for the test. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding classical and quantum mechanics, planar motion, electricity and magnetism, particle physics, relativity, thermodynamics or any other SAT physics topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to excel on the SAT physics subject test
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make preparing for the SAT physics subject test simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live physics tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Study SAT physics material on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the basics of physics and thermodynamics.
- Study mechanics and discover the applications of planar motion.
- Define acceleration, speed and velocity.
- Explore electric potential and electric charge.
- Examine magnetic forces and fields.
- Study waves, light and sound.
- Learn about quantum mechanics and contemporary physics.
- Discover the components of an atom.
- Define a nuclear reaction.
- Provide examples of classical and special relativity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Flashcards - SAT: About the Test
- How to Do Your Best on Every College Test
- Should I Take the ACT, SAT or Both? - Pros and Cons of Each Test
- Flashcards - ACT - About the Test: Help and Review
- Flashcards - SAT Subject Test Literature: Prominent Plays & Playwrights
- Flashcards - SAT Subject Test Literature: Literary Genres
- Flashcards - SAT Subject Test Literature: Reading and Understanding Essays
- Flashcards - SAT Subject Test Literature: Writing Structure & Organization
- Taking the SAT/ACT? Don't Forget These 5 Items on Test Day
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses