- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 102
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Creating a School Vision as an Administrator
Course SummaryThe School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA): Study Guide & Practice course is designed to make sure you are prepared to take the SLLA. Presented in an engaging format, this course gives you all the material you will need to be successful on the SLLA. The lesson and chapter quizzes are available to make sure you are ready for exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT): Theory, Research & Strategies||Take Quiz|
About This School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA)
This course will prepare you for the school leaders licensure assessment. The lessons are created to cover topics on school vision, the school community and professional standards. You will also learn about the principles of educational leadership, educational policy, school operational systems and more.
Check out our Real Estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive Real Estate study guides to help you study, Real Estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Real Estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the SLLA, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the Educational Testing Service. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Visions and Goals
- Creating and implementing a school vision
- Understanding how to engage the school community
- Describing how to celebrate diversity in schools
- Exploring school improvement planning
Teaching and Learning
- Discussing curriculum design
- Explaining how to use data and assessments in schools
- Identifying ways to promote good behavior and safety
- Defining and maintaining ethical standards
The Educational System
- Managing school operational systems
- Examining financial and human resource management in schools
- Understanding the principles of educational leadership
- Interacting with educational policy
The 13 chapters of this course are divided up into 102 lessons. The short lessons allow you to study in short segments, or whole chapters at a time. The lesson quizzes are created to help you track your understanding.
School Leaders Licensure Assessment Information
The SLLA is divided into two sections
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Selected-response questions
- Time Limit: 140 minutes
- Exam Cost: $425 (for both portions)
- Number of Questions: 7
- Question Type: Constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 100 minutes
- Exam Cost: $425 (total for both portions)
School Leaders Licensure Assessment Breakdown
|Topic||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Vision and Goals||12%||18|
|Managing Organizational Systems and Safety||10%||15|
|Collaborating with Key Stakeholders||15%||21|
|Ethics and Integrity||15%||21|
|Topic||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|The Educational System||10%||2|
|Visions and Goals||8%||2|
|Teaching and Learning||12%||3|
School Leaders Licensure Assessment Registration & Preparation
You can register online, by mail, or over the phone with the testing company. You will need to create an account for the School Licensure series. Test takers who are requesting fee assistance or disability services must register by mail and include required supporting documents.
Work at your own pace through the lessons. All lessons are available at any time in our online platform. Stay organized and check your progress through your course dashboard. Utilize the lesson and chapter quizzes to make sure you feel confident to take the School Leaders Licensure Assessment.
For more information on registering and preparing for the School Leaders Licensure Assessment, check out our Tennessee Affiliate Broker Exam Resources.
The School Leaders Licensure Assessment is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Make-Up Courses in CT with School Information
- These Are the Materials You Need to Have a Successful Study Session
- Teachers: How to Make Sure Work Doesn't Take Over Your Winter Break
- New Teachers: How to Make Sure Teaching Doesn't Take Over Your Life During Your First Year
- Golf Course Design Schools and Courses: How to Choose
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Makeup Artist School in NJ with Course Descriptions
- Design Courses in Michigan with School Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses