- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1NGSS Science & Engineering Practices
Course SummaryReview the resources in this course to make sure you're up to date on current science standards. Inside the course, you'll find general information about national science standards, as well as regionally specific standards that you can use to inform your science curricula.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course is filled with resources you can use to teach your students science concepts that meet Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Enjoy access to curriculum resources designed to simplify the process of planning your science lessons. Chapters in this course explore general NGSS details and examine science standards for specific U.S. states. Access science standard details for elementary, middle and high school and also explore NGSS case studies, rubrics, performance expectations, benchmarks and more. Once you've completed this course, you will feel confident that you're prepared to teach science according to national and state standards.
How It Works
The curriculum resources in this course are flexible and can be utilized in a variety of ways. Review them from the classroom, at home or anywhere with an Internet connection to ensure you develop fun and informative lessons that meet science standards.
Features in this course include the following:
- Curriculum resources that boost your knowledge of NGSS practices, rubrics, expectations and more
- Links to lessons you can use to teach students according to NGSS standards
- Mobile features that let you access resources from your tablet or smartphone
- Flexibility to review resources in any sequence and as often as you desire
How It Helps
- Simplifies lesson planning: Resources in this course make it easy for you to find a wide variety of resources specific to NGSS in one convenient location.
- Offers comprehensive resources: This course ensures you get a comprehensive overview of NGSS and also have access to curriculum resources for many states and grade levels.
- Enhances student learning: By reviewing the NGSS information in this course, you have the opportunity to develop lessons that meet national and state science standards and improve your students' learning experience.
|National Science Standards Information|| NGSS engineering and science practices|
Cross-cutting concepts and performance expectations for NGSS
NGSS and CCSS differences
CCSS for kindergarten and NGSS for various grade levels
Case studies, boundaries and rubrics for NGSS
STEM and national standards for family and consumer sciences
|Science Standards for Western States|| Basics about science standards for states that include Washington State, Utah, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho and Oregon|
Science standards for various states at specific grade levels
|Science Standards for Midwestern States|| South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa and other state science standards|
Science standards for various grade levels in specific Midwestern states
|Science Standards for Southern States|| General science standards for Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia and other states in the South|
Science standards for specific states at various grade levels
|Science Standards for Northeastern States|| Science standard basics for New York State, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and more |
Standards for specific grade levels, science fields and states in the Northeast
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Optical Sciences Degree and Course Information
- Forestry Science Degree and Course Information
- How Do Study.com Courses Align With Common Core Standards?
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Forensic Science Courses in Oklahoma with School Information
- Library Science Graduate Programs with Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses