- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Environment, Levels of Ecology and Ecosystems
Course SummaryThis ScienceFusion Ecology & the Environment Textbook Companion Course uses interesting videos to help students learn about ecology and earn a better grade. The lessons are about five minutes long and are sequenced to align with the chapters in your textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in ScienceFusion Ecology and the Environment: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Coal Mining: Environmental Impacts and Technologies Used To Make Cleaner Coal||Take Quiz|
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the ScienceFusion Ecology & the Environment textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your ScienceFusion Ecology & the Environment textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our ScienceFusion Ecology & the Environment Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the introduction to ecology topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning ScienceFusion Ecology & the Environment fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like ecosystems, habitats and ecological niches and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Basic concepts of ecology
- Energy transfer, food chains and trophic levels
- Change and movement in populations
- How living things interact and form communities
- Land-based biomes
- Fresh and salt water ecosystems
- Transfer of matter and energy in ecosystems
- How ecosystems change
- Impact of human actions on ecosystems
- How Earth supports life
- Natural Resources
- Renewable and non-renewable resources
- Resource management
- Impact of human beings on land, air and water
- Safeguarding Earth's water, atmosphere and land
ScienceFusion Ecology & The Environment is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Online Ecology Class and Course Summaries with Training Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses