- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 79
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Matter, Mass & Volume
Course SummaryThis ScienceFusion Matter & Energy Textbook Companion Course uses engaging videos to help students learn about energy and matter and earn a better grade. Each video lesson is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in your textbook.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the ScienceFusion Matter & Energy textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your ScienceFusion Matter & Energy textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our ScienceFusion Matter & Energy Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the energy and matter-related topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning ScienceFusion Matter & Energy fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like the laws of thermodynamics and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the science topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Introduction to matter, density, mass, volume and weight
- Physical and chemical changes, states of matter and phase change
- Molecules, elements, compounds and the laws of thermodynamics
- Mixtures and solutions
- Properties of liquids, solids and gases
- Kinetic molecular theory
- Energy and energy transfer
- Natural resources and fossil fuels
- Atomic theory and the periodic table
- Molecular bonding
- Organic chemistry
- Nuclear reactions
- Solutions, acids, bases, and pH
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Instructor Uses Study.com's Online Educational Videos to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience for Students
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Technology Dependency Gives Teachers Better Options for Engaging Students
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses