- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 62
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Solar System, Galaxy, & Universe: Definitions & Difference
Course SummaryThis ScienceFusion Space Science Textbook Companion Course uses video lessons to help students learn space science and earn a better grade. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in your textbook.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the ScienceFusion Space Science textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your ScienceFusion Space Science textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our ScienceFusion Space Science Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the space science topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning ScienceFusion Space Science fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like the speed of light and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- The structure of the universe
- Characteristics of stars
- Star life cycle
- Perceptions of the solar system through history
- Gravity, centripetal force, and the formation of the solar system
- The inner workings of the sun
- The inner planets of the solar system
- The gas giants
- Dwarf planets, trans-Neptunian objects, and other small bodies in space
- The seasons on Earth
- The phases of the moon
- The tides on Earth
- Electromagnetic radiation, telescopes, and geosynchronous satellites
- The technology that enables space exploration
- The history of space exploration
ScienceFusion is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Exercise Sciences Career Video: Earning a Degree in Exercise Science and Fitness Studies
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Homeschooling Your ADHD Child with Animated Video Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses