- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 216
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Probability of Simple, Compound and Complementary Events
Course SummaryUse our lessons, lesson plan outlines and activities in your secondary math classroom to enhance learning for your students. You'll find helpful tools such as video and text lessons, discussion questions and project ideas to encourage student participation and support their learning of basic math topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Simplify the teaching of various secondary math topics, such as graphing, logarithms and exponents, with these lesson plan outlines. Games and activities centered around algebra and geometry concepts show students the application of these concepts in fun and creative ways.
How It Works
Depending on the individual chapters that comprise this course, you can use these lesson plans to have your students watch and discuss short videos, participate in activities and pursue extended projects that further support the learning of this material. Informative lessons not only provide the basis for class discussions but allow you as the teacher to review your knowledge of these math topics.
This course includes:
- Engaging videos accessible from any device
- Short, printable lesson transcripts
- Suggested group and individual class and homework activities
- Text displaying easy language and examples to fully illustrate each lesson plan
- Self-assessment quizzes that help you gauge your knowledge of the topics addressed in each lesson
- Opportunities to contact instructors online with any questions you might have about this course
How It Helps
- Offers informative lessons: Chapters within this course give detailed instructions about how to use lessons to support your existing syllabus.
- Satisfies curriculum standards: Each lesson plan adheres to the guidelines for these topics as addressed by Common Core standards.
- Details helpful strategies: Lesson plan outlines give suggestions for games and other activities that your students can have fun with and that will enhance their learning experience.
|Graphing & Plotting Lesson Plans||Video/text lessons and lesson plans for slope, slope-intercept, bar graph, scatter plot, and box and whisker plot|
|Probability & Statistics Lesson Plans|| Informative lessons addressing definitions of probability, standard deviation and mean, median and mode|
Lesson plan outlines for calculating standard deviation and mean, median and mode
Examples of simple, compound and complementary events
|Exponents & Logarithms Lesson Plans|| Definition and properties of exponents|
Lesson plans and practice problems for scientific notation
|Algebra Lesson Plans||Informative lessons and lesson plans for order of operations, absolute value, solving inequalities, parallel and perpendicular lines, reference angles, unit circle, distributive property, systems of equations and combining like terms|
|Geometry Lesson Plans||Informative lessons and lesson plans for introductory geometry, tessellation, coordinate geometry, types of angles, surface area, triangles, Pythagorean theorem and 3D shapes|
|Secondary Math Games & Activities|| 7th and 9th grade math games|
Metric conversion and distance formula games and activities
Math brain teasers for middle school and high school students as well as adults
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Is Project-Based Learning? | PBL Ideas & Lesson Plans
- Math Lesson Plans
- Instructor Uses Study.com's Online Educational Videos to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience for Students
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 7 Lesson Plans That Are Perfect for Active Learning
- Study Finds That Classroom Feedback Encourages Student Satisfaction and Effective Learning
- Like Learning in the Classroom? Some Students Don't Have a Choice
- I Increased Student Participation Remarkably with Active Learning
- OpenWorld Learning Encourages Students to Love to Learn
- What to Do if Students Aren't Responding Well to Your Lesson Plans
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses