- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Course SummaryIt's easy to get ready for the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) certification exam with the information in this test prep course. You can access these mobile-friendly video and text lessons in this comprehensive course 24 hours a day on your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The chapters in our course cover many topics relevant to the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) exam. We begin with an exploration of human resource management and the role of HR in an organization. There are chapters on change management, organizational training programs, and the global workplace. The course was built with direct reference to the published exam content outline from the HR Certification Institute. Other topics included in the course:
- Employee development
- Talent management
- Service delivery in HR
- Recruitment and staffing
- Project management
- Employee relations
- HR metrics
About the Exam
The SPHRi certification exam is used to certify HR professionals working outside the United States. It is administered by the HR Certification Institute. The exam is computer-based, consists of 130 questions, and is timed at two hours and 30 minutes. Exam results and any resulting credentials will be sent within approximately 8 weeks of the test session.
Preparing & Registering for the SPHRi Exam
Tracking your progress through our course is a breeze with our easy-to-use interface. The video-based lessons include an interactive timeline enabling you to skip straight to a particular video topic when needed and a transcript that includes highlighted key vocabulary words. Text lessons include important terms in bold type. Also included with both video and text lessons are lesson quizzes and practice exams that can help you ensure mastery of the material.
You must meet the education and experience standards required by the HR Certification Institute to take this exam. In order to register, you will need to create an online account with the Institute. Next, you must complete the application, submit the required fee, and schedule the exam, choosing a date and a testing center. There is an optional Credential Readiness Assessment that can give you an idea of areas you should focus on particularly during exam preparation.
Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) is a registered trademark of the HR Certification Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Human Resources Course Descriptions and Coursework Information
- Human Resources Certificate Courses in Orange County, CA
- Human Behavior Courses and Certificate Programs
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Clerical Courses and Certificate Program Information
- NYC EMT Courses with Certification Information
- Online Esthetician Courses and Certification Information
- Cameraman Courses and Certification Program Information
- CSS Certification and Certificate Programs with Course Information
- Human Resources Courses in NJ with Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses