- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Calculate Internal Rate of Return: Definition & Formula
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide can make sure you are ready for your Series 66 exam. You'll have all the study tools you need at your fingertips, from clearly-written text and video lessons, to helpful worksheets and quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Series 66 Exam Study Guide
The Series 66 exam, also known as the NASAA Uniform Combined State Law Examination, is administered by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) through FINRA. There is no prerequisite to take this exam, but the Series 7 exam is a co-requisite. Using this study guide can prepare you for all of the content that could be covered on the exam. Our fun and engaging lessons get you caught up on analytical methods in investing, valuation factors of securities, and investment vehicle characteristics.
Series 66 Exam Study Guide Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Series 66 exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by NASAA. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Economic Factors and Business Information
- Understand and calculate the time value of money concepts, such as internal rate of return
- Explore measures of central tendency to acquire important data
- Use financial ratios, such as current ratio, quick ratio, or debt-to-equity ratio
- Define and give formulas, examples, and applications of valuation ratios
Investment Vehicle Characteristics
- Detail valuation factors of fixed income securities and equity securities
- Understand the evaluation of pooled investment vehicles
- Describe the characteristics of futures investments and other alternative investments
- Explain various types of life insurance and annuities
Client/Customer Investment Recommendations and Strategies
- Develop strategies to build customer investment profiles
- Use financial and personal factors to assess investment profiles
- Understand and identify portfolio management strategies, tax considerations, and retirement plans
- Explain special types of investment accounts, how securities are traded and investment portfolio performance measures
Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines Including Prohibition on Unethical Business Practices
- Detail the regulation and registration requirements of investment advisers, investment adviser representatives, broker-dealers, and agents of broker-dealers
- Describe state securities administration regulation, regulation of issuers and securities registration
- Identify state securities administrators, their administrative actions, and penalties and liabilities
- Explain communication with customers and prospects as well as ethical obligations/practices
Series 66 Exam Study Guide & Practice Course Format
This study guide is broken down into 19 chapters and 143 lessons to help you use your study time efficiently. You'll find both text and video lessons, along with worksheets, self-check quizzes and chapter tests.
Series 66 Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: multiple choice
- Time Limit: 150 minutes
- Exam Cost: $165
Series 66 Exam Breakdown
|Topic||% of Test||# of Items|
|Economic Factors and Business Information||5%||5|
|Investment Vehicle Characteristics||20%||20|
|Client/Customer Investment Recommendations and Strategies||30%||30|
|Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines Including Prohibition on Unethical Business Practices||45%||45|
Registering and Preparing for the Series 66 Exam
You can enroll for the Series 66 exam through FINRA website. Once you have completed the enrollment process, you will be issued a 120-day window in which to schedule the exam. Note that you must take the exam within this period. On the day of the exam, you will need a government-issued ID and should be able to provide the email address under which you registered.
Use this study guide to efficiently review all of the information you'll need to know for your exam. You can keep track of your progress with the self-check assessments and by monitoring your progress on your Dashboard. If you have questions about the material, our subject-matter experts are here to help!
The Series 66 exam is a registered trademark of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Make a Study Sanctuary
- Is the Pomodoro Technique Helpful While Studying Online?
- Studying 101: Guide to Studying in College
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Kindle Found Lacking As Study Tool
- Make the Most of a Work-Study Experience
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses