- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Customer Service Department: Role & Tasks
Course SummaryQuality customer service is a cornerstone of any successful company. Use the lessons in this course to teach your employees the roles and goals of customer service and show how to set attainable customer service goals and objectives so they can help increase your company's customer satisfaction ratings.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The chapters in this course are dedicated to helping you educate your employees on ways to offer quality customer service. Lessons explore the roles and duties of customer service to ensure employees understand what it takes to function as a customer service department, be proactive and exceed customer expectations. Instructors in the lessons also teach how to set goals and objectives as a customer service department. The lessons feature short quizzes that are great for testing employees' comprehension of concepts covered.
How It Works
This course is packed with resources you can use to enhance your corporate training sessions. Employees can view the videos as a group, or access them individually on their computers, smartphones or tablets. Transcripts can be accessed to review the lessons in their written form.
Here is a short list of training features you can utilize:
- Video timelines that allow employees to identify and skip to key topics with lessons
- Self-assessment quizzes that test employees' comprehension of the lessons
- A chapter exam on the roles and duties of customer service
- A chapter exam on setting goals and objectives
- A final exam that assesses employees' understanding of how to set customer service goals and objectives
How It Helps
- Strengthens work performance: This course helps your employees understand their roles as members of a customer service department, which can help strengthen their desire perform well in their position.
- Enhances customer relationships: As your employees learn how to become quality members of the customer service department, they can learn to better interact with customers, enhancing this relationship.
- Improves business operations: The lessons in this course provide access to theories, examples and strategies your employees can use to improve customer service and, in the long run, improve your business operations.
By the end of the chapter, employees will be able to understand:
- The roles and tasks of the customer service department
- Benefits of proactive customer service
- How to set and exceed customer expectations
- Locke's theory of goal setting and how to use goals to advance motivation
- Method used to set business department goals
- How customer service goals are formed and measured
- Ways that customer service managers set goals
- Customer service objectives and action plans
- The types and uses of customer service metrics
- Interpreting and improving customer service metrics
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Learn Customer Service
- Customer Service Questions and Answers
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
- Computer Security Training Top Computer and Network Security Degrees and Training Programs - Charlotte NC
- Best School for a Masters in Health Care Management - Austin TX
- Top School for Earning a Degree in Computer Programming - Charleston SC
- Best Degree Program for CAD Drafting and Architectural Design - Long Beach CA
- Cartoon Art College
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses