- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Setting Team Goals & Objectives
Course SummaryThis corporate training resource is designed to increase your managerial staff's knowledge of how to define and explain organizational goals. Short and easily accessible video lessons make it convenient for your employees to learn and retain information about team goal-setting techniques and processes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In these chapters, our esteemed instructors lay out the guiding principles of setting goals to help your managers understand exactly why they should develop strong goals. Engaging lessons show your employees how to evaluate teams to tailor goals and measure members' progress toward them, and they also provide an explanation of how to ensure goals are couched within one-another from the team level to the executive. The flexible training platform makes it easy to incorporate these lessons into your individual or group corporate training events.
How It Works
Engaging videos form the foundation for our instruction, with expert guidance, real-life examples and memorable graphics. Each video is less than 10 minutes long, making it easy to fit them into busy schedules and giving your organization's trainers lots of room to generate discussion in group events. Each lesson comes with a brief quiz and the chapters and course conclude with a comprehensive, multiple-choice test to measure understanding.
Our system provides unique capabilities designed to make learning enjoyable, including:
- Video tags and intuitive lesson navigation tools to help your employees work their way through the course with ease
- Lesson transcripts to review key terms (all set in bold type) which can be printed to reinforce training
- Assessment quizzes following each lesson to test their comprehension, as well as chapter tests and an end-of-course exam
- Expert content provided by instructors with tons of relevant experience
How It Helps
- Challenges staff: As your managers craft unique goals which address both needs from higher and the capabilities of their team members, employees throughout the organization will be encouraged to push their own boundaries.
- Clarifies direction: Managers can learn to coordinate their long-term direction with that of the organization overall, minimizing confusion and conflicting demands.
- Encourages growth: Management workers can learn to make goals and their achievement a deliberate process with controlled measures and tangible objectives.
Team Goal Setting
- Defining and setting goals and objectives
- Incorporate employee strengths into goals
- Assess team members' performance against goals
- Understand managerial goal-setting theories
Reaching Company and Team Goals
- Explain business goals
- Steps for establishing goals within departments
- Bringing team goals into alignment with the company goals
- Methods to measure achievement of goals
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses