- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 109
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Hospitality Industry: Leadership & Supervision
Course SummaryThis corporate training course offers short lessons that comprise the Mentorship program from the SH Group. Share the course with your employees to strengthen their understanding of these values and boost their professional abilities.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this comprehensive learning resource to help you get ahead in the hospitality industry. The course is taught by expert instructors who efficiently explain hospitality concepts through short and engaging lessons. You'll learn essential mentorship concepts through several chapters containing lessons that average less than 10 minutes in length. This course will show you several concepts related mentorship.
How It Works
The course uses concise and engaging lessons to present the material, and they're easily accessible online at any time that's convenient. You can share the videos during company-wide or departmental training sessions, and alternatively, you can have individual employees review the material on their computers or mobile devices.
Using the course is simple:
- Lessons cover core values and business skills using simple definitions and real-world practical examples
- Quizzes and self-assessment exams are included to solidify your employees' knowledge of essential business concepts.
- Transcripts are available to print out for offline study.
- A final course exam proves that your employees fully understand the SH Group's core values
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The course lays out the basics of the hospitality industry so employees can become highly aware of their applications and benefits in the workplace.
- Contextualizes the industry: Your employees will see why mentorship is important and how it applies in hospitality settings.
- Strengthens business skills: Employees who complete the course will have improved business skills in multiple areas, such as management and customer service.
This comprehensive course covers the following topics:
- Leadership, Communication & Empowerment
- Performance & Motivation in the Workplace
- Building Relationships in Customer Service
- Hospitality Budget Process
- Emotions, Motivation & Stress
- Guest Engagement Strategies
- Diversity & Culture in Recruitment
- Team Member Coaching & Engagement
- Hospitality Marketing
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Administrative Professional Courses and Training Programs
- Orthotic Training Programs and Courses
- Locksmith Training Programs and Courses
- Distribution Training Programs and Courses
- Kettlebell Classes, Courses and Professional Training Information
- Home Health Care Training Programs and Courses
- Wood Carving Training Programs and Courses
- Personal Computer Training Programs and Courses
- CHP Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Machine Shop Courses with Training Programs
- Nutrition Graduate Programs California
- Cardiovascular Ultrasound Technologist Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Cardiovascular Ultrasound Specialist
- Personal Watercraft Marine Technicians Information About a Career in Personal Watercraft Repair and Maintenance
- Counseling Psychology Graduate Programs in Virginia
- Youth Development Administrator Job Description and Requirements for a Career in Youth Planning and Development Administration
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses