- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Life of William Shakespeare Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis course offers teachers a variety of lesson planning and instructional resources for Shakespeare plays. These lesson plan outlines, essay topics and topical lessons can be used by any teacher who needs to quickly plan a comprehensive and fun Shakespeare unit.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Access this course at any time to plan and supplement a literature curriculum on Shakespeare and his most famous plays. Inside, you'll find lesson plan outlines that cover Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello and more. The course also includes supplemental literature lessons and essay topics that you can use to enhance your instruction and engage your students.
How It Works
You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and its online format allows you to plan your Shakespeare curriculum any time that fits your schedule. The supplemental lessons come with short quizzes that you can use to test your students' understanding of the themes, characters and literary concepts you talk about in class.
The course includes:
- Lesson plan outlines to help you design engaging and informative Shakespeare lessons
- Topical Shakespeare lessons that you can easily share with your students
- Essay topics that are designed to help your students think critically about Shakespeare's plays
- A course dashboard that allows you to easily navigate to the Shakespeare plays you want to cover in class
How It Helps
- Convenient lesson planning: Offers easy-to-access lesson plan outlines that are designed to simplify the process of planning Shakespeare lessons.
- Additional resources: Provides supplemental teaching resources that you can easily integrate into your classroom instruction.
- Student assessment: Provides a variety of Shakespeare essay topics that you can assign to your students to evaluate their understanding of important Shakespeare plays.
In this course, you'll find lesson plans on:
- The life and work of Shakespeare
- Romeo and Juliet
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- 6 Lesson Planning Tips for New Teachers
- Substitutes: What To Do When the Teacher Doesn't Leave a Lesson Plan
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Art Lesson Plans
- Free Lesson Plans
- Science Lesson Plans
- Music Lesson Plans
- ELA Lesson Plans
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses