- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Short Stories for Kids: List & Examples
Course SummaryThis short stories for kids course is designed for parents and teachers who want to help their students improve their reading comprehension skills and learn about different types of short stories. The course's lessons and quizzes can function as test prep, homework help and tutoring resources.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Access this short stories for kids course at any time to help your students improve their understanding of short stories. Inside, you'll find simple and kid-friendly lessons that explore many short story genres and types, including read-aloud, funny, historical, fantasy and holiday short stories. The course resources can help teachers supplement their short story lessons and assess their students' comprehension of important short story topics. Parents may also use this course to help their students complete homework assignments, improve their class performance and study for upcoming English exams.
How It Works
The course includes short and engaging lessons that explore different short story types. It also contains assessment tools that you can easily assign to your students. The online format of the course enables you to access these lessons in the classroom, at home or wherever it's convenient.
The course includes:
- Bite-sized lessons that explore short story topics in a way that's easy for younger students to understand
- Multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter exams that can help reinforce your students' short story knowledge
- 24/7 access to these short story resources
- Easy navigation that allows you to quickly find the short story topics you want to review with your students
How It Helps
- Supplements classroom instruction: The online resources in this course can be easily integrated into a short story curriculum.
- Enhances student performance: The course's lessons can help students boost their reading comprehension and analysis skills.
- Includes student assessments: The course offers plenty of assessments that can be assigned as in-class or take-home quizzes.
- Provides tutoring solutions: Parents can access these lessons at home to help their students review the short stories they've been studying in class.
When you're finished with the course, you'll be able to educate your students on the following types of short stories:
- Mystery, scary and suspenseful short stories
- Read-aloud short stories
- Funny, comic and silly short stories
- Religious short stories
- Short stories about different behaviors and feelings
- Historical short stories
- Holiday short stories
- Sports and games short stories
- Myths and legends
- Fiction and nonfiction science short stories
- Short stories from and about various cultures
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses